Properly Repairing a Flat Roof take Expertise
Houston flat roof contractors know the ins and outs of this popular style of roofing. They know it needs attention. They know it requires skilled installation. Houston flat roof experts are available for maintenance, for flat roof repair and for replacing a flat roof. If your building has a flat roof, it was probably part of the original construction. Or, you have chosen a flat roof in your new building plan because it is the most affordable and practical style in use today. But over the years father time and Mother Nature take their toll and now it is ready for repair or replacement. With cool roof technology an expert flat roof contractor Houston can repair your flat roof to better than new for half the cost of replacement.
These Type Of Buildings Usually Have a Flat Roof:
- Hospital and medical offices
- Retail stores
- Strip Malls
- Office buildings
- Police Stations
- Gas Stations
Flat Roof Repair Should be Left To Experts
It makes sense if you are a business, institution such as a church, or you represent a government entity, to choose an expert flat roofing contractor. Often, if the substrate of your existing roof is in good shape, there are replacement options that can be installed directly over your current frame. There are numerous methods including hot or cold adhesives. For instance, if you have a BUR (built up) roof, it was probably attached with hot asphalt. The same is true for many modified bitumen roofs. Now, cold adhesives have become useful because they avoid that “tar smell” flat roofers used to create. Many single-ply systems use what are called “contact adhesives”. These days, modified bitumen is applied with a torch that melts the underside causing it to adhere to the substrate. Metal roofing systems are secured with rows of screws and attachments, as are some single ply systems. Today’s cool roof technology is the best option for repiring a flat roof
Why A Flat Roof?
Flat roof construction is often the most affordable installation, depending on the size of the roof area. Flat roofers can quickly complete installation if there are few obstacles such as HVAC, vents, and walls. This is a labor cost saving factor. In some cases, it may be necessary to tear off and dispose of all of the layers of your existing roof.
Common Types of Flat Roofing:
- If you choose a built up roof (BUR), flat roofers install several layers of tar and water resistant materials and then finish with a top coat of gravel. These roofs can be called “tar and gravel”. The top coat of rock or gravel holds the roofing material in place.
- Synthetic rubber (EPDM) is welded in place with hot air. These materials cure to their ultimate strength. It will not crack or peel. An EPDM roof system can last 20 years.
- When flat roofers install asphalt, and plastic or rubber, seams are bonded with heat or cold adhesives. These roofs can be green roofing, saving utility costs.
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) is also a green roof. It has been engineered with no seams, and it has a particularly high fire rating because it is flame resistant.
- TPO (Thermo Plastic Olefin) is synthetic rubber with seams that are three times stronger than EPDM seams. This roofing resists tears, punctures, ozone, and algae.